I really love a good trail mix because it can be so diverse. You can make yours a nut-free trail mix, make a trail mix with cereal for the morning or even try a dessert trail mix.
For my Pure Fuel post today I decided to make a trail mix with a mixture of nuts, ancient grain cereal, dried fruit, coconut flakes, and dark chocolate covered espresso beans! The chocolate espresso beans are added for a little sweet treat found within a mixture of healthy, protein and fiber packed ingredients. Opt for dark chocolate in your trail mix to increase the antioxidants with a small lower calorie portion.
Grab a handful on the go or take it with you to class for the perfect post-workout snack!
Pure Snacking Trail Mix
- 1 cup ancient grain cereal OR multigrain Cherios
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup banana chips
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup dried papaya
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dark chocolate covered espresso beans
- Combine all of the ingredients in one bowl and mix together with your hands or a large wooden spoon.
- Store in airtight container or 10 individual bags for easy snacking!
Nutrition per serving: 180 calories, 10g fat, 3g monounsaturated fat, 2g polyunsaturated fat, 20g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 4g protein
– From Pure Barre enthusiast, Gabrielle Terzano, client at Pure Barre South Jersey, NJ – Haddonfield.
About Gabrielle: My passion is living well, eating healthy and being physically fit. I want to motivate others and be a mentor for people to lose weight or change their lifestyle for the better. I take classes at Northeastern University for my Master of Science in Nutrition with a concentration in Obesity and Nutritional Health.
Have a Pure Fuel recipe of your own that you’d like to share with the ‘Pure Barre Family?’ Submit your recipe and its story here for a chance to be featured on the Pure Barre blog!