Want to see your favorite city and your favorite workout come together? Our fearless VP of Real Estate, Robin Hilliard, is shedding light on some areas that just might make the perfect spot for our next Pure Barre studio. We kind of think she has the coolest job around – Robin travels the country finding new real estate for Pure Barre (and hits the barre as often as she can herself.) The great Salt Lake City has caught her eye – and for good reason. Check out a few fun reasons why Pure Barre would fit right in among this young, healthy city!
Postcards from Robin: Spotlight on Salt Lake City, Utah
- Utah as a whole is one of the nation’s youngest and healthiest states! You’ll find bike lanes on all major roadways, along with a trail system that boasts hundreds of points of interest throughout the state. (..which means you could easily ride your bicycle to and from the studio.)
- Salt Lake City is a major Hollywood attraction. Dozens of movies are filmed here (and throughout the state) each year. Ever heard of a few small films called Forrest Gump, Independence Day and Footloose? Yep, all filmed here. We know how to get those starlets in shape while they’re off-set..
- The Great Salt Lake (or “America’s Dead Sea”), the city’s namesake, is the largest salt lake in the western hemisphere.
- In less than an hour, you can reach 9 major ski resorts, 3 cross-country skiing areas AND the only recreational ski jumping complex in the country. (We’re exhausted just from the excitement of typing that sentence.) It’s easy to see why the city attracts 7 million visitors each year!
- The first artificial heart transplant was performed at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City.
- Nearly 100 businesses in town belong to the Bicycle Benefits Program, which is exactly what it sounds like: Customers get discounts for arriving to stores on their bikes. Wonder if they’d offer discounts for tucking and pulsing?
With such a vibrant population, beautiful scenery and an abundance of outdoor recreation at your fingertips, we’re totally convinced that Pure Barre and Salt Lake City and Pure Barre could be a perfect match. With that in mind…
Know any Pure Barre rock stars who might be interested in bringing our technique to Salt Lake City? Think you might even fit the bill yourself? Drop us a line to learn more about what it takes to open your own studio. We’d love to chat about your market of choice – new locations aren’t restricted to those discussed in this blog series.
About Robin: Robin Hilliard is both a loyal Pure Barre fanatic and real estate professional with extensive knowledge and experience in the field. Blazing trails as an entrepreneur, she previously owned Hilliard Properties, representing retail tenants. She also served as the VP Regional Director of Real Estate with Weingarten Realty for over a decade. Finding prime real estate for Pure Barre studios is fun and rewarding for Robin – and she’s thrilled that such a venture has earned her “cool mom” status with her two daughters.