I always try and make healthy muffins and this recipe stuck! I’ve made different variations (banana, pumpkin, raspberry), but blueberry is my ultimate favorite! I eat one of these muffins, usually cut in half and toasted, with Justin’s vanilla almond butter or Peanut Butter & Co’s white chocolate wonderful peanut butter. Delicious!
Makes 12 muffins, each one has 221 calories, 3 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries (you can use less, i just wanted there to be no mistake that these were BLUEBERRY! muffins)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions for preparing:
- Mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flax seed in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine almond milk, eggs and vanilla together
- Melt coconut oil until it’s all liquid in a small bowl
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, alternating with oil until well combine
- Add blueberries and fold in with a rubber spatula
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes (I made big muffins, so depending on how big you’re making yours, time could vary. Once a toothpick comes out clean, they’re done!)
- Serve and enjoy!
From Pure Barre enthusiast, Gabrielle Terzano, client at Pure Barre South Jersey, NJ – Haddonfield.
About Gabrielle: My passion is living a healthy lifestyle, eating healthy and staying physically fit. I’ve been in love with Pure Barre ever since I took my first class in October 2014. I go daily to the South Jersey – Haddonfield studio. I am currently taking classes at Northeastern University for my Master of Science in Nutrition with a concentration in Obesity and Nutritional Health. My ultimate goal is to motivate and mentor people who want to lose weight or change their lifestyle for the better. You can find some of my other healthy recipes on my blog.
Have a Pure Fuel recipe of your own that you’d like to share with the ‘Pure Barre Family?’ Submit your recipe and its story here for a chance to be featured on the Pure Barre blog!