I LOVE this recipe because it is green and light. I eat this to flush out any toxins after a vacation or weekend (of too much fun!). I also eat this yummy soup if I need a body reboot to feel energized again.
Makes 2 servings.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced (1/4 cup)
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped (or use frozen broccoli florets)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 parsnip, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lemon (or 1 Tbsp. lemon juice)
Directions for preparing:
- Heat oil over medium heat in large pot.
- Add garlic, onion, and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, spinach, parsnips, celery and parsley and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and reduce to medium-low heat. Cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup with a blender or food processor.
- Pour soup into two bowls. Season with salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon over the soup before serving. Serve.
- Extra oomph: Add 1 cup coconut milk to make it even creamier.
From Pure Barre enthusiast, Lisa Consiglio Ryan, client at Pure Barre Annapolis, MD.
About Lisa: I’ve been a Pure Barre addict since joining 6 months ago. My body totally transformed! My tummy is flat and my butt is lookin’ nice.:) I’m an integrative nutrition health coach and owner of Whole Health Designs. I work with women who want to up their nutritional game with juicing, plant-based healthy meal plans, and whole food detox programs.
Have a Pure Fuel recipe of your own that you’d like to share with the ‘Pure Barre Family?’ Submit your recipe and its story here for a chance to be featured on the Pure Barre blog!