This recipe is so easy to make on Sunday evenings so you have fresh egg muffins all week long! Just reheat in the microwave for ~2 mins for a super healthy breakfast on the go. Most of us don’t get the recommended amount of vegetables per day, so this is a low calorie, high protein way to get them in. And they’re soo tasty as well! For a more savory egg frittata, add some of your favorite low-fat cheese.
- Cooking spray
- 12 serving muffin tin
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 small cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small bunch of kale, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 T. nutritional yeast
- Seasonings of choice
- 1 carton of liquid egg whites (4 cups total)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F..
2. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Add various chopped veggies to the bottom of each tin, filling ¼ to ½ the way full.
4. Sprinkle nutritional yeast and seasonings on top of veggies.
5. Cover each veggie-filled tin with egg whites. Pour over and fill to the top.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Let cool and store muffins in ziploc bags in the fridge.
8. Microwave for 2 mins in the morning for a quick, healthy breakfast!
From Pure Barre enthusiast, Caroline Waters, client at Pure Barre Athens, Georgia. Photo Credit: Gabrielle Terzano
About Caroline: I started Pure Barre back before college in my hometown of Charlotte, NC. I remember going with my best friend and our legs were shaking soo much our first class! I was hooked but missed it once I came to college at UGA in Athens, GA. But luckily, Pure Barre came to us not too long ago! I love Pure Barre because it really lengthens your muscles and gives you that lean, ballerina look. Plus, it’s so stress-relieving! They always have plenty of class time offerings, so I can even go in at 6 am and get in a workout before my workday even begins. Pure Barre is such an effective workout paired with healthy eating and other forms of exercise like cardio. I can’t recommend it enough!
Have a Pure Fuel recipe of your own that you’d like to share with the ‘Pure Barre Family?’ Submit your recipe and its story here for a chance to be featured on the Pure Barre blog!