I made these for dinner one night for my sister, my best friend and I and they were a HUGE hit! I was actually craving PF Changs, so I decided to try to replicate their lettuce wraps. I feel this could be a really good post-workout dinner or lunch right after a Pure Barre class!
Yield: 8 wraps
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 vidalia onion diced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 cup + 1 T. hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 5 scallions sliced thin
- 1 T. sriracha
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 t. red pepper flakes
- 1 T. fresh grated ginger
- salt & pepper to taste
- boston green lettuce (perfect for lettuce cups!)
- In a large skillet, simmer onions and garlic on medium-high heat with about a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once onions are almost translucent, add ground chicken and brown until almost cooked through.
- Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, apple cider vinegar, grated ginger, sriracha and pepper flakes.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add scallions and bean sprouts.
- Cover for about 5 minutes until bean sprouts are wilted slightly.
- Assemble 8 lettuce wraps in single leaves of boston lettuce – very easy, the lettuce is perfect for wraps!
From Pure Barre enthusiast, Gabrielle Terzano, client in Mount Laurel, New Jersey.
About Gabrielle: My passion is healthy eating, living a healthy lifestyle and staying physically fit. I’ve been in love with Pure Barre ever since I took my first class in October. I am taking classes at Northeastern University for my Master of Science in Nutrition with a concentration in Obesity and Nutritional Health. My ultimate goal is to motivate and mentor people into living a healthy lifestyle and lose weight if needed.
Have a Pure Fuel recipe of your own that you’d like to share with the ‘Pure Barre Family?’ Submit your recipe and its story here for a chance to be featured on the Pure Barre blog!