When our schedules get crazy and we are on the go (ahem… the summer time), sometimes we have to pick up something to eat on the fly, and choices can be limited. Since our Pure Barre studio owners wear many hats and are always on the move, we decided to ask for their advice on how they make healthy eating choices when dining out.
Keep reading to find out your studio owner’s favorite healthy restaurant meals!
What do you order at Starbucks?
- “A non-fat, sugar free vanilla latte – always in the tall size!” – Leigh Welch, owner Pure Barre Lynnfield
- “I love to start my day with a blonde roast coffee (with a little cream and cinnamon!) and their protein bistro box. A couple slices of cheese, grapes, apples, a biscuit with peanut butter and a hard-boiled egg. It is the perfect, well rounded and filling breakfast!” – Brynn Hanson, owner Pure Barre Geneva
What do you order at Chipotle?
- “I’m a vegetarian, so I order a burrito bowl with lettuce, black beans, fajita vegetables, corn salsa, pico de gallo & guacamole on top.” – Brittany Petersen, co-owner Pure Barre Lincoln
- “A chicken burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, corn salsa, chicken, LOTS of lettuce, and a half scoop of guacamole. The secret is to keep half for dinner!” – Jacqui Arce-Quinton, owner Pure Barre Princeton
What do you order at Panera?
- “Right now I am loving their summer Strawberry Poppyseed Salad. It’s packed with fruit and healthy proteins. I either go with the pick two option and throw in a cup of soup, or order a full salad!” – Tiffany Bell, co-owner Pure Barre Montgomery and Pure Barre East Montgomery
- “The tomato and mozzarella flatbread with grilled chicken and spinach added.” – Brooke McMillan, owner Pure Barre Green Bay
- “The Lentil Quinoa Bowl with an egg is heaven in a bowl!” – Jordan Bullock, owner Pure Barre Aspen
What do you order at Subway?
- “A salad with lettuce and spinach with lots of veggies, oil & vinegar dressing. I leave off the meat and cheese.” – Lauren Montz, owner Pure Barre Las Vegas
- “I order the Black Bean Soup and Veggie Delight Salad.” – Lauren McComb, co- owner Pure Barre Bradenton, Pure Barre Clearwater, Pure Barre St. Petersburg and Pure Barre Tampa