I absolutely love that fruit salsa is sweet and savory. Juicy fruit, spicy jalapeno’s, and crunchy onions make this recipe a delicious and unique addition to salads, a side along with chips, or on a topping on a piece of freshly grilled chicken!
After all, its almost summer and grilling season is practically here. Celebrate Memorial Day Weekend with this refreshing salsa!
Strawberry & Nectarine Salsa
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 2 cups nectarines, diced
- 2 jalepenos, diced and seeds removed
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds or all seeds from a small pomegranate
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add lime juice and olive oil and whisk together
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and gently fold with a large spoon
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 days
– From Pure Barre enthusiast, Gabrielle Terzano, client at Pure Barre South Jersey, NJ – Haddonfield.
About Gabrielle: My passion is living well, eating healthy and being physically fit. I want to motivate others and be a mentor for people to lose weight or change their lifestyle for the better. I take classes at Northeastern University for my Master of Science in Nutrition with a concentration in Obesity and Nutritional Health.