Warmer weather calls for smoothie bowls for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Acai berries contain antioxidants, fiber, and heart-healthy fats. Blend up a frozen acai packet along with your favorite fruits and whatever toppings you like to create your own personal smoothie bowl!
Acai Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen acai packet
- 1 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (add more to make it thinner, add less to make it thicker)
- 1/2 – 1 cup toppings of your choice such as granola, berries, chia seeds or almond butter
- Place everything except the toppings into a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Transfer smoothie to a bowl
- Add your favorite toppings you and enjoy! (I used blueberries, cherries, granola and almond butter)
Nutrition Facts (1 serving without toppings): 222 calories, 7g fat, 2g saturated fat, 1g monounsaturated fat, 33g carbohydrates, 6g fiber, 15g sugar, 3g protein
– From Pure Barre enthusiast, Gabrielle Terzano, client at Pure Barre South Jersey, NJ – Haddonfield.
About Gabrielle: My passion is living well, eating healthy and being physically fit. I want to motivate others and be a mentor for people to lose weight or change their lifestyle for the better. I take classes at Northeastern University for my Master of Science in Nutrition with a concentration in Obesity and Nutritional Health.