After a Pure Barre Pop-Up class, I wandered through the Crofton Farmer’s Market with my barre-besties and I left with one thought: green! I filled my basket and headed home to make something that reflected the cozy and chill mood that our Pure Barre Crofton family shared with the local farmers and artisans.
This recipe is so quick and easy to make that you will have enough time to fit in an extra Pure Barre class this weekend!
Green Tomato & Honeydew Salsa
- 1 large green tomato, stem removed
- ½ honeydew melon, rind and seeds removed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeds removed
- 1 avocado (ripe, but still firm), peeled and pit removed
- ½ poblano pepper, stem and seeds removed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Cut the green tomato into ¼ inch round slices. Then, cut each tomato round into 8 pie shaped segments. Place in a large bowl.
- Chop the honeydew, cucumber, and avocado into small cube shapes. Add these to the bowl with the green tomatoes.
- Small dice the poblano. Add to the bowl with the other veggies.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro and mint. Add to bowl.
- Add the lime juice and kosher salt to the bowl with all the other ingredients and toss very lightly.
- Serve cold!
Pair this ultra-refreshing salsa with fish tacos, grilled chicken, or as a chaser to that big bowl of tortilla chips!
– Megan Twining is a teacher at Pure Barre Crofton. As a graduate of The Culinary Institute of America, she has professionally cooked in restaurants, hotels, at the US Embassies in France, Lithuania, and Russia, and as a food stylist for the celebrity chefs of FOOD NETWORK. Follow the Pure Barre Crofton Foodie on Instagram: @megan.twining