Holiday party season is here! That means fun, cheer and often lots of food and drinks. Here are some easy ways you can to survive the holiday party season while maintaining your amazing Pure Barre figure!
- Don’t skip meals the day of the party. Choose healthy breakfast and lunch options throughout the day.
- Hold your drink in your non-dominant hand–it will help you consume less.
- Avoid grazing the appetizer table. Make a small plate and move on.
- Bring a vegetable dish to the party to ensure there’s a healthy option.
- Survey the buffet: check out the choices before making your final decision.
- Use a smaller plate and make half of it vegetables.
- Dance! It’s a great calorie burner.
- Focus on lean protein like chicken, turkey, and fish. Avoid higher calorie dishes with bacon and sausage.
- Conversation has no calories. Be sure to take time to talk with your family and friends.
- Finish 2017 strong: Join us at the barre the day after the party to finish this year strong and prepare for a healthy 2018!
Written by Brittany Chin, RD. Brittany is a Registered Dietitian with her Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management. She received her B.S. in Nutrition Science and Dietetics from Syracuse University and completed her Dietetic Internship at the Medical University of South Carolina. She is currently obtaining her Master’s in Health Communication from Boston University. She loves food, cooking, Pure Barre and of course, social media.