Pure Barre DC - Capitol Hill is always looking for talented team members.
Interested candidates should email their resume and a recent photo to email@example.com.
We are looking for both teachers and front desk staff to join the Pure Barre DC family. Candidates should be energetic, pro-active, and gregarious individuals who are passionate about Pure Barre and fitness. Candidates should be kind, confident, and thoughtful with a positive energy and excellent customer service skills.
Teachers should have a strong background in dance, cheerleading or fitness. Furthermore, teacher candidates should have an ability to follow choreography, count to music, speak over a microphone confidently, and motivate clients in a fun, optimistic, and energetic manner.
We currently have a strong need for front desk candidates who wish to work more than 20 hours per week and are available for mid-day shifts.
Studio Manager – Capitol Hill - Washington, DC
Summary of Role
Pure Barre DC is actively seeking a studio manager for our Capitol Hill studio who is driven, pro-active, optimistic, and passionate about Pure Barre. This position will report to our regional manager and the Owner and will be the face of the studio, promoting and managing all daily operational aspects of the studio including managing the teachers and staff, driving marketing and PR efforts, and building long-term client relationships through outstanding customer service.
The ideal candidate will have previous store management experience (although not required), excellent communication and organizational skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and strong business acumen combined with leadership abilities. Although not required, a four-year degree and a background in dance or fitness would be helpful in this position. Must be able to work effectively both independently as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
For consideration, please email your resume, headshot (doesn't have to be professional) and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Day in the Life
• Lead a team of inspiring individuals (studio support staff + teachers) and hire when necessary.
• Connect with potential clients through networking and word of mouth to drive them into the studio.
• Inventory management – able to strategically plan what product is needed to support client needs. Work with approved vendors to create an assortment that makes sense for the studio.
• Plan, coordinate and execute studio events.
• Utilize point of sale technology for scheduling classes, retail sales, and analyzing results of overall studio performance.
• Give and receive coaching within team, and serve as a liaison to filter information to the studio Owner and regional manager.
• Create a culture that motivates, inspires and transforms lives.
• Be an expert on the Pure Barre technique, and work with the teacher team to ensure that technique is being delivered consistently and effectively (we’ll provide your technique training).
• Manage the scheduling of all teachers and studio staff.
• Provide outstanding customer service and build strong relationships with clients.
• Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and counsel team members including studio teachers and front desk staff. Schedule, organize and direct assignments.
• Advertise and promote the Pure Barre studio through customized and strategic PR and Marketing efforts in the community.
• Track and report retail inventory and is responsible for ensuring the correct products are available at all times.
• Manage and design the retail aspect of the studio to support increased sales.
• Participate in all aspects of Pure Barre Corporate training.
• Resolve customer problems or complaints by determining optimal solutions.
• Ensure interior and exterior of store is maintained to company standards.
• Communicate, execute, and manage marketing and merchandising programs.
• Conduct regular team meetings.
• Manage studio revenue, including cash handling, deposit reconciliation and delivery of deposits to bank.
• Execute and monitor loss prevention and shrinkage programs.
• Manage all studio operational issues, to include store housekeeping, store administrative duties, physical inventories, price changes, etc.
• Network with other studio manager(s) to determine best practices and to assist in achievement of overall strategic goals of the organization.
• Ensure team awareness of safety and emergency procedures.
Skills, Experience & Qualities Needed for this Role
• Passionate about people and fitness.
• A connector – willing to strike up a conversation with anyone and everyone.
• Strong leadership skills. Ability to effectively teach/develop others.
• Ability to collect data, analyze results, set priorities, organize initiatives and follow through to successful completion.
• Creative and ready to think outside of the box to build a brand and business.
• Social media savvy, both personally and professionally.
• Ability to work at least one weekend day per week.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• An enthusiastic, confident, and outgoing personality.
• Studio/retail management experience a plus.
• Good merchandising skills and a flair for conceiving and implementing creative merchandising themes.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
About Pure Barre
Pure Barre is the largest, most established barre fitness concept in the nation. Pure Barre is a total body workout that utilizes the ballet barre to perform small, isometric movements, which burn fat, sculpt muscles and create long, lean physiques. Pure Barre has exploded in popularity in recent years, due to its extremely effective technique (which transforms the shape of a woman’s body in record-breaking time); friendly, high-energy atmosphere; and fun, motivating music.
Pure Barre is more than just a workout; it’s a lifestyle brand. At Pure Barre, women and men share a sense of community, in which they are inspired and empowered by each other’s fitness and lifestyle goals.
Does this sound like you? For consideration, please email your resume, headshot (Don’t worry if the headshot isn’t professional – any recent photo is fine!) and salary requirements to email@example.com.